Do you have a movie or TV series idea that’s ready for Hollywood or Netflix, or that might make a winning indie film? Are you planning a corporate or educational video?
Our team of best script writers understands the craft of screenplay writing and what it takes to entertain an audience.
Get Produced Faster
Hiring one of our best screenplay writers for hire will increase your chances that a movie producer will pick up your film script.
Among the skills a top screenwriter offer you are:
- Visual cues
- Solid, engaging dialogue
- Turns and twists of plots
- Proper screenplay formatting
- Effective flow of action, including “beats”
Find out how we can bring your screenplay to life. Just fill in the form on this page to let us know what kind of screenwriting help you need.
Authors! Turn your novel into a film.
We do book to screen adaptations. To turn your novel into a movie now, fill in
the form on this page.
Praise for our script and screenplay writers
We offer a full range of script writers for hire:
- Play writers
- TV script writers
- Video script writers
- Movie and film screenplay writers
- Book to film screenplay adaptation experts
Our clients have a few nice things to say about the plays, TV scripts, video scripts and movie screenplays and the ghostwriters who helped write them. (Read more testimonials here.)
Chris Mathison – author adapting a book into a screenplay
Just a quick note to once again loudly sing Kristin’s praises. You could have searched far and wide but never have chosen a better person for this project. I can state this having worked with several editorial consultants, including two others on the screen adaptation of this book. I’ve found there is a wide disparity of talent, insight and dedication in this field. Thank goodness I’ve found the best.
Zoleka Lali – short film screenplay client
Everything looks great. Thank you for your time and dedication!
BILL – screenplay developer
Hey Kristin, What more can I say…You hit it on the nose of what I was thinking. Thank you. And the 36 pages…All I can say is you write what I am thinking and I’m still blown away. I’m so glad I went with you and THGM. Thank you for fulfilling my vision on my screenplay. You see what I want to be seen to others. Thanks.
How a screenplay ghostwriter works
Here are the five steps the best screenwriters take to write a script:
How screenplay ghostwriters work (tap or click to read more)
What steps do top screenplay writers follow to write a TV script or movie screenplay?
- Logline – one or two sentence summary of the idea
- Treatment – a more complete summary, much like the synopsis of a novel
- Outline – defining the storyline, step by step
- Draft – the complete script, the raw screenplay
- Edit – as with any written document, good editing refines and perfects the screenplay
There is no rule that we have to go through all five steps. We can work from your logline, from your treatment or from your outline. Or we can combine the first three steps in a mish-mash of brainstorming. If you already have a book or book manuscript, we can write a screenplay adaptation of your novel. We have also adapted from graphic novels and from theatre scripts.
The finished script will reflect whatever input you provide in writing, by email or over the phone. Whether it is action or comedy or romance, whether it’s a feature film or a short film, whether it’s a TV pilot or a whole television series, our goal is to make you proud of your screenplay.
Why hire a screenplay writer?
There are many reasons for hiring a ghostwriter to write your movie script. These are some of the reasons that motivate the people who have come to us.
Why hire a screenplay writer? (tap or click to read more reasons)
Who hires TV or film screenwriters?
People with a great imagination can see their stories on the big screen in their minds’ eyes. But screenplay writing is not always that easy. Come to us to help turn your ideas and visions into reality.
Why hire a screenplay writer?
- If you are pressed for time.
- If you need help to get organized.
- If you want professional expertise.
People hire screenplay ghostwriters when they are pressed for time.
Screenplays are a labor of love. Most of our clients have demanding jobs, and they don’t have the time to write a screenplay. In fact, they rarely have time to even figure out how to write a screenplay, which is very different than writing a book manuscript.
What we offer you is a head start. Our screenplay writers know exactly what to do. When you hire our screenplay writing services, you skip the learning curve and go straight to the writing.
Get ahead with our best screenplay writers for hire.
Our clients hire our screenplay writers to get organized.
Chances are, your idea for a movie plot has its share of twists and turns. There are a variety of:
- other elements
How do you organize them all into a compelling script?
You are not the only cinema visionary with this question.
We offer a simple solution. Find film script writers for hire from our team. We’ll get you organized.
Many people hire a screenplay writer for their expertise.
This is the top reason people ask for our help. They have an idea. They might even have a full story written out in novel form. But adapting it to a movie script is over their heads. To write a screenplay, they need a professional screenplay ghostwriter.
We can help.
We can structure and format your screenplay, complete with dialogue, narration and other elements required for film or TV. Let our skilled screenwriters turn your vision into a manuscript you can be proud of.
How to find a script writer for your movie or TV show.
We have the best screenplay writers for hire. For a free quote on ghostwriting your movie script, whether it’s action or romance or comedy or fantasy, tap or click the red button to the right.
How to work with a screenplay writer – top tips for visionaries
Many storytellers come to our ghostwriting agency to find a writer for their movie manuscript.
There’s a difference between writing your own screenplay and outsourcing the work. Your ghostwriter will need to get inside your head, to understand your vision. You’ll have to give precise instructions so that the scenes turn out exactly how you envisage the story.
These tips will help you get the screenplay you need for the film or TV series you’ve been imagining.
How to work with a screenplay writer (tap or click to read)
What information should I give my screenplay writer?
- Explain the story’s point of view (POV).
- Create a plot line – the story arc.
- List all the characters, from protagonist and antagonist to minor supporting characters.
- List all the settings for the action.
- Explain the moral of the story or the lessons to be learned.
Whose point of view?
Every story can be told from a variety of points of view (POV). This is as true on the silver screen as in a novel. Your choice of protagonist will shape the flavor of the movie. Often there is more than one point of view, which might switch one scene to the next. This is something to discuss with your ghostwriter.
Create a plot line.
You might not have all the twists and turns figured out, but you probably have the broad strokes. And you might have many or even all of the details. Whatever you have, whatever you want in the final screenplay, make a list.
Your screenplay ghostwriter might offer a number of suggestions to improve the plot. It’s your choice to accept some, all or none of them. But it is to your advantage to listen closely and consider the ideas. One of the benefits of working with a professional screenwriter is that you get ideas from somebody who’s been there before.
List all your characters.
There are two things you should tell your screenplay writer about each of your characters.
First, you should describe the character. What does each character look like? What does each character sound like? What are their various motivations? What are their relationships to each other?
Second, how does the story change each character? This is a question mostly for your protagonist, but also for the chief villain and for the protagonist’s best buddy and/or love interest. A movie progresses generally along two parallel tracks. One is the plot. The other is the main character’s growth and evolution.
A good scriptwriter can make characters do whatever you wish and evolve or grow in whatever way you like. Your job is to make sure that she fully understands what you expect form your characters.
List all the settings for the action.
One of the first things your ghostwriter will need to do is describe the settings. These typically are rooms or outdoor scenes. Each scene will have its own setting, although some scenes might have more than one, such as when one character pushes another through a window.
Settings will have to be described in detail. Your ghostwriter will need to know the details that are important to you. If details are not important, say so; your ghostwriter will create them to the advantage of your story.
What’s the lesson or moral of your story?
Every story has a lesson, whether reading or watching. When the audience gets up to ignore the final credits, your film will have changed their lives. This will happen whether you intend it to or not.
How do you want your film to change people’s lives? You have the choice, and your ghostwriter can shape the story to make that change.
Lessons don’t have to be overt, and they don’t have to come down on the audience like a hammer. A movie like The Matrix has many fascinating lessons, even if it’s camouflaged under the guise of fight scenes and technology.
How to hire a screenplay writer
For a free quote on ghostwriting your next feature film or short vignette, tap or click the red button to the right.
The best film script writers for hire
Our professional movie script writers are for hire right now, ready to create a memorable and salable movie script for you.
Are you looking for a freelance screenplay writer who can help your ideas jump off the page? Let us know how we can help you by completing the form on this page.
SIX QUESTIONS THIS PAGE IS MEANT TO ANSWER
- I have a great idea for a movie. What do I do? (ANSWER: You could write it yourself, or you could hire a professional screenwriter to prepare an award-winning screenplay for you.)
- I need help writing a screenplay on Netflix. (ANSWER: No problem. That’s what our professional screenplay writers are for. Just provide the details for your story in the form on this page, and let us know what screenwriting help you need.
- How do I find freelance screenplay writers? (ANSWER: Our best screenplay writers are all freelancers, time-tested and dedicated.)
- Can I hire a ghostwriter for my movie script? (ANSWER: Yes. Many screenplays are ghostwritten. Amazing movie ideas don’t come only from professional writers, you know.)
- How much does it cost to hire a screenwriter cost? (ANSWER: The price for script writing help depends in large part on the length of the film or TV series, as well as any special requirements you might have. We’ll be happy to provide you with a free quote if you provide us with details of your movie in the form on this page.)
- How long should my screenplay be? (ANSWER: The “standard” length for a first film is 90-100 minutes, and for a TV show 40 minutes per episode, usually including the pilot. But you might have noticed movies getting longer in recent years. And television shows vary widely these days, thanks to cable, online delivery, downloads, etc. If you fill in the form on this page, we’ll be happy to discuss this with you.)